Thursday, January 31, 2008

Schilling Style

At the start of "doing the Thursday" this afternoon, I decided I wanted to write about my AWESOME new kicks that I bought on Tuesday, and how much I liked them. They are an upgraded model of my old Brooks Adrenaline running sneakers. The guy at Marathon Sports basically convinced me that they had more cushion than my old Adrenalines, and well, they had silver on them, which I thought was pretty - so I was sold.

At the bottom of Heartbreak Hill (and yes, I FINALLY saw the Johnny Kelley statute!), I started feeling a pain at the back of my ankle. I ignored it. Got to the top of the third of the Heartbreaks and I realized I could not ignore it anymore because it likely was a blister. I sat down at the foot of a driveway of a nice house on Comm Ave (man are those houses really pretty)...and there it was.


A bloody ankle, shoe and sock, a la Schilling.

Did it hurt? Kinda. Was I more BS at the fact that this situation required me to stop 2-3x over the course of my run and "fix" my sock? Absolutely. I was feeling good throughout my run, and was probably averaging 9min miles, which is my hope for the actual marathon. So when I rounded the corner onto Boylston at 90min, I was damn pissed at my sneakers. They better be broken in now.

No comments: