Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mile by Mile

Starting line - wait, is this really the Boston Marathon?
Miles 1-3 - OK breathing, let's get normal here. Where's this partly cloudy weather at?
Mile 4 - My first "Thank you Dana-Farber" cheer. Wow - that makes me feel awesome
Miles 5-7 - FRAAAAMINGHAM, you are so pretty. Stef and I speed up a bit, I think it was the Gu.
Mile 7.5 - Hi Bobi, Liz, Eric, Cole and Tess! Please report back to everyone that I look awesome
Miles 8-11 - Gu again, body feels fine, but breathing feels funny. Four towns down, four big ones to go.
Mile 12 - getting on the left side so I don't get attacked by kissing Wellesley girls
Mile 13 - Halfway and feeling fine. Need more water though - damn it's hot out.
Mile 14 and 15 - Hey Rapoports! Hey Breed and Mich! Great cheerers. Grossmans Downhill, I still love you.
Mile 16 - Lost Stef, but for good reason cause my family rocks. Ash, you are doing this next year. Thank you to Mom, Dad, Ash, Grammie, Auntie Elyce, Uncle Mark, Arlene, Auntie Randi, Leah and Jason...you guys are a great fan club!
Mile 17 - Hey Kim Kelly! Hey Dana-Farber cheering crew. OK - here we go, straight up Doing the Thursday
Mile 18 - Two of the four hills down...
Mile 19 - Guy Alon - you are my hero. And wait...there goes a few toenails
Mile 19.5 - Random asking "Is this heartbreak?" Someone else says "yes" My response? "It's coming up next, sorry about it." Same person who thought he knew the course so well was walking up heartbreak a half mile later
Miles 20-21 - Oh Johnny Kelley, how did you do it? Ouch ouch - there goes my right calf.
Mile 22 - drunk BC girls - stop running through the course cause although I just ran 22, I still will find the energy to punch you in the face. Hi Amy and Gail!
Mile 23 - Jenny, Tevya and Becky & Scott Brizzle. Great greeting. I think my legs may be numb.
Mile 24 - Hey Colleen! Hey Sheede! I need more water
Mile 24.5 - My 2B'ers + Ali, you guys freakin ROCK!
Mile 25 - A reminder, why I am running this. Thank you Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge volunteers and Jimmy Fund Patient-Partners. Your screams were awesome
Mile 26 - Turning onto Hereford. My jaw drops. Hereford is finally here and I look at the crowd and say "Oh my gosh, I am running a marathon." Someone in the crowd responds: "You didn't realize that 26 miles ago?" I guess not.
Mile 26.1 - Needhams + BC, your cheers sounded sober
Mile 26.2 - Look up at the camera and smile cause I AM A BOSTON MARATHONER.

No comments: