It's been quite the journey and I can hardly believe that I am writing my last blog entry before the big dance. I know I am following many of my fellow DFMC bloggers, but this is something I need to do:
To the 200 donors - you all are fabulous. To the friends, family, friends of family, family of friends, and completely random strangers who donated - thank you for helping get to, and surpass, my fundraising goal.
To my friends and family who have PUT UP WITH ME these past couple months, thank you for listening to my running nonsense when I know you could care less about it, and thank you for being such good pretenders and leading me to believe that everything I told you was the most interesting thing you had heard all day.
The DFMC staff - thank you guys for making everything so easy. All I ever have to do is show up and run, and send out a few letters to get donations. Your organization and dedication allowed it to be this way.
To the volunteers - thank you for YOUR early mornings, the perfect mixtures of gatorade-water, and your smiles on freezing cold Boston winter days whenever we do these insane runs.
To Jack Fultz - thank you for just always knowing exactly what to say and when to say it, and for always making anyone you talk to feel like the most important person in the world. Best coach ever.
To Tyler - thank you for getting me sucked into this addiction that is running for a cure for cancer. Your positive attitude throughout training really got me through some of the hardest times.
To the rest of my DFMC buddies - the road just starts here. Thank you for letting me chat your ears off, for being some great post-run drinkers, and for just always being there. I am so glad I met you all and look forward to continuing these new-found friendships.
Mom, Dad and Ashley - thank you. The three of you have put up with me more than everyone combined. It means the world to me to have your support, even though I did get a bit annoying. Mom, thank you for putting in the "face time" to my training - having you in New Bedford and even at Shifter's run was amazing. I think all your time and support will make up for the fact that you missed that silly Kindergarten Coffee Hour :) Dad - thank you for your multitude of random Jewish-style donations. No matter how busy tax season got, you still managed to find time to "listen" to my silly little running stresses. Thanks for coming tonight - it meant a lot to me as well. And Ashley - you are the best sister any girl could ever ask for. I am sorry if I bored you with my stories of running, and I promise that in return, you can tell me all your gross stories about what you encounter on a daily basis in nursing clinical...and I will listen, and care. You are amazing.
Auntie Nancy - I know you are out there looking down on me right now and are smiling that big smile of yours. You have been my inspiration throughout all of this training and fundraising. Thank you for getting me this far. If I hit the wall at any point tomorrow, I know you will be there to help me. The battle you fought was more courageous than any little 26.2 mile race could ever be. I love you so much and miss you always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment