Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Walk Like an Egyptian...


Pyramids.

My least favorite workout from high school track.

We did them last night. Torture, say what?

For those of you who don't know what a pyramid track workout is, see the picture on the left. You legit go up the pyramid (ie do longer distances each set) and then come back down the pyramid. Our workout was a 400m, 600m, 800m, 1000m, 1200m...then an oh-so-generous three lap rest. Then, a 1200m, 1000m, 800m, 600m and 400m. By the second 1000m, my legs felt like lead. It was the most painful feeling I have dealt with in a while, but I somehow ran through it. Fortunately though, with so little rest in between each set, we were done in record time....giving us more time at Redbones :)

This morning, I went for an early morning run with my family friend, Emily. My grandparents and Emily's were very close friends, our moms are good friends, and she and I ran cross country together in high school. Emily is running for Team in Training and certainly can fit the "b!tchin fast" runner category. Although it was rainy and my legs were a bit sore, Em and I had a good run, and had some good catch up time as well. We only did two miles together (she did a speed workout last night too), but it involved each of us running over a mile each way to meet up. As I look to the New Bedford Half Marathon on Sunday, I think my little legs need a bit of a break for a while. Advil and ice here we come...

On the fundraising front, we are kicking butt! Over $6,300 thanks to some recent generous donations! Keep them coming!

No comments: